Business Travel Packing List
Travel Smart And Pack Smartly
Business travel packing list is in some ways quite different from the traditional vacation packing list. Business trips tend to be shorter than most vacation trips and business travelers are often experts at packing light.
The business traveler wardrobe tends to be conservative and unadventurous. Travel accessories and “nice to haves” are usually kept to minimum... except today business travelers might have problem packing light where electronics and gadgets are concerned.
Most business travelers use carryon luggage only whenever possible. Firstly because it saves time, not having to check your luggage in nor wait for it at the other end. It also reduces the risk of losing your luggage, but it is extremely inconvenient to arrive at business destination without your business attire.
Those business travelers that do check their luggage in often have some basic spare items in their carryon luggage, e.g. clean shirt, underwear, socks, etc.
Some business travels prefer garment carrier bags when travelling with suits. Most have laptop bag as well as their carryon luggage piece.
Business Travel Saving Tip
If you travel abroad for business, it makes sense to use Prepaid Currency Cards. They can give you 5-8% better conversion rates, hence saving you money on your foreign travels.
The best packing method for your carryon luggage is the Bundle Wrapping Method. We recommend giving it a try, we are sure you will be pleasantly surprised how much you will be able to fit into your carryon luggage on your next trip.
All business travel tips agree with packing a suitcase strategically as it can save you valuable time and hassle when going through security. Keep your toiletry bag at the top of your carryon luggage for easy access.
All liquids must be in the right size of containers (less than 100 ml. is the current regulation) and should be in separate clear plastic bags. Make sure your carryon luggage allows easy access to your laptop, as you will have to remove it from your luggage when going through airport security.
Your Free Business Travel Packing List
We at Top Travel Tips have put together special business travel packing list for your guidance. At the end of this article you will find a download button to download a PDF version of our free travel packing list.
Travel Documents And Travel Money
It is important to keep your travel documents well organized and in as safe place as possible while travelling. Travel organizers are great way of storing your travel documents while on the road. All documents except the copies of your travel documents, you should keep them separately at all times. You are likely to need the following items for your journey:
- Travel tickets and booking confirmations
- Your Business Travel Itinerary
- Passport and visa (if applicable)
- Medical card
- Your Business Travel Insurance policy
- Updated international vaccination card (if applicable)
- Driving license (if doing any driving)
- Maps and directions
- Frequent flyer card
- Travel money and payment cards (debit / credit / prepaid currency cards)
- Money belt or wallet
- Photocopy of all travel documents
- Copy of doctor's prescriptions (if applicable)
- Medical history / list of all medicines you are taking (if applicable)
- Emergency contact information
- Your business cards
- Marketing material and small gifts for customers
- Your working papers and documents
Clothes And Accessories
There are number of factors that affect which and how much clothes you need for your business trip. You will of course need appropriate business attire. You must also consider the dress code if dining out, and you might want to bring some casual wear for your "free time"... if any.
This business travel packing list recommends you consider the following type of clothes and accessories for your corporate trip:
- Business attire, i.e. suit, shirts, etc.
- Smart casual or formal evening wear for dining out
- Comfortable casual wear for "free time"
- Sportswear (if managing to fit in time for exercise), e.g. gym wear, running clothes, swimwear, etc.
- Appropriate outerwear
- Something to sleep in
- Underwear and socks / pantyhose
- Good shoes for all occasion
- Hats or caps
- Gloves or mittens
- Other accessories (as appropriate)
Electronics And Gadgets
Today business travelers travel with small mobile office with them. Good quality wheeled carryon luggage is essential for business travels, it will help you stay organized and make it easier for you to work while travelling.
- Mobile phone and charger
- Laptop or iPad and charger
- Plug Adaptor and converter (if different electrical standard)
- Extension cord
- Laptop accessories kit, that include USB hub, numeric-entry keypad, mouse, USB adaptor and other items
- Alarm clock (you could also use your cell phone)
- eBook reader
- iPod or CD player with headphones to listen to music
- Digital camera with extra memory card and battery charger (if applicable)
- Mini speakers to listen to music
Toiletries And Health
It is very personal which toiletries and health related products people take with them on their travels. This business travel packing list reminds you of the main items you might consider taking with you. However, when packing toiletries it makes sense to minimize toiletries as much as you can, especially if you are flying with carryon luggage only.
- Your preferred toiletries (i.e. shampoo, toothbrush, deodorant, etc.)
- Hair dryer (likely to be available if staying in business hotel)
- Comb or brush
- Small mirror
- Shaving equipments (if applicable)
- Nail file, clippers, tweezers
- Cotton swabs
- Feminine hygiene products (if applicable)
- Antibacterial hand wipes
- Sunscreen lotion
- Small First Aid Kit
- Insect repellent (if applicable)
- Malaria tablets (if travelling in malaria infested area)
- Prescription and OTC medicines (if applicable)
- Contraceptives (if applicable)
- Glasses / contact lenses (if applicable)
Other Possible Necessities
- Guidebooks, maps, phrasebooks
- Books / magazines to read in your leisure time
- Notebook / journal and pen
- Address / contact book
- TSA-approved Luggage Locks
- Luggage tags
- Earplugs, sleeping mask, flight socks
- Inflatable travel pillow
- Chewing gum or mint (if flying)
- Water bottle to refill
- Plastic Ziploc bags
- Sewing kit and scissors
- Spare batteries
- Travel iron
- Mosquito net
- Small flashlight and / or night light
- Small hospitality gifts
Top Travel Tips business travel packing list is for guidance only - you should add and delete items as applicable when packing for a trip. For your convenience, you can download and print the business travel packing list template by clicking the download button below. Note: You will need Adobe Reader to view the packing list.
Top Business Travel Packing List Tips
You are likely to have little time to spare when travelling on business. Unexpected spills, tears, or stains on your clothes can therefore be very inconvenient as you might have problem finding the time to look for suitable replacements.
Business travel tips therefore recommend packing some extra items so your itinerary will not suffer if accidents like that happen, e.g. extra shirt, socks, pantyhose, underwear, etc.
Ps. find out how Packing Cubes can make packing easier and allow you to fit more into your bags.