Your Business Itinerary
Can Save You Valuable Time
Travelling with a well prepared business itinerary can save you lot of time and like every business man or women know... time is money.
If you have a personal assistant, we recommend working with your PA to customize a standard business agenda template just for you.
Standard template with all the information you'll need in one place will soon become fundamental part of your travel preparation.
If you don't have a personal assistant... we still recommend preparing and using standard business itinerary template for travelling. Even though it will take you little bit of time to compile, it will save you valuable time when on the road and make sure you don't forget anything you need for your journey.
How Should Business Itinerary Template Look Like?
Actually it can look anyway you like but it should include at least the following information:
- Date of travel, check-in times, flight times, flight numbers
- The name and location of your departing airport
- Airport terminal number
- Transportation to your departing airport information
- How to travel, how long it will take, etc.
- The name and location of your arriving airport
- The name, address and telephone number for your hotel
- Your hotel reservation number
- Transportation from the airport to your hotel
- How to travel, how long it will take, how much it will cost, etc.
- Names and contact numbers for your overseas contacts
- Names and contact numbers for all travel partners
- Your business agenda during your business trip
- Time and location for all meetings, whom you are meeting with and the meeting agenda
- Time and location for all events and whom you are entertaining or being entertained by
- Suggested daily budget and local currency exchange rate
- All other relevant information for your trip, as applicable
- Train times, station, platform, etc
- Taxi pickup times, account details or how much if you have to pay cash
- Hire car information, pickup and drop off times, location, reservation number, etc.
- Important local information, like weather, local etiquette, dress code, tipping advice, etc.
Your completed business template should be included in your travel pack that you always take with you on your business trip. You should send a copy of your business itinerary to your overseas contact prior to travelling.
Top Travel Tips
There are couple of things you should take care of as soon as you are back from your business trip.
Firstly, make sure you keep good track of all your records and invoices throughout your business trip and claim your Business Travel Expenses as soon as possible.
Secondly, most companies require employees to write business trip report after every business trip. Your company is likely to have a standard template you can use but if not, then you can download our Business Trip Report Template.
Your Business Travel Pack
You or your PA should have prepared your business travel pack the day before you leave for your business trip. It should include the following items as applicable:
- Essential travel documents
- Passport, driving license, your international vaccination health certificate (if applicable), etc.
- Flight tickets and boarding pass if checking in on-line
- Or train tickets, car rental voucher, etc
- Business Travel Insurance Policy
- Photocopy of all your travel documents
- Hard copy of your travel itinerary and meeting agenda
- Photocopy of the travel itinerary for the family
- Map of the area
- Business cards
- Working documents
- Travel Money and company credit card
- Other cards as applicable, i.e. air miles card, business lounges access cards, etc.
If you think we have forgotten any important items on either the business itinerary template or business travel pack, please let us know.